EVENT VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITY
The Big Half – a relay of volunteering opportunities coming in 2018.
Welcome To the Big Volunteer – this is a programme of volunteering just for local residents to get involved in their communities in Greenwich, Southward and Tower Hamlets
This is a new Marathon Event, The Big Half will take place on 4th March 2018 and will give you (if you are interested) the opportunity to volunteer at this huge event and have access to continue your volunteering journey in a local sports club, at other events in London or in a local community group.
What is the BIG HALF?
it’s a new one day festival centered on the half marathon distance, which aims to be truly global and uniquely local in a celebration of the wonderful cultural diversity of the great city of London.
Here at Volunteer Centre Greenwich, we are kicking off the programme and looking to recruit up to 20 Volunteer to support the race as a Course Marshal.
Course Marshal Role
The course Marshal role is one of the most interesting roles in the event but has a high degree of responsibility.
- Being able to engage, motivate and inspire participants
- use of initiative to make decisions
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to deal with any incidents that may occur on the course in a calm manner
Sunday 4 March 8.00am – 13.30pm
To Be Confirmed
There are other roles across the race route in the other boroughs. Click on the Boroughs to find out more:
Who are we looking for:
We want the volunteers on Race Day to represent our local Borough communities so if;
- you live locally in any of the four boroughs (Greenwich, Southwark or Tower Hamlets)
- Aged 16 – 90
- have the energy to be on your feet for the event (some roles are suitable for those less mobile)If you are interested: Contact the Membership Team or call 020 8317 3817Want to fine out more about the event Click Here