Involving Volunteers With Additional Needs
Start Date: Location: Woolwich Cost:
To be confirmed
A practical approach to including volunteers with additional needs, from planning for potential hazards to exploring how to reduce the barriers to recruitment and retention.
- To identify different support needs
- To recognise and acknowledge the barriers people with extra support needs face when volunteering
- Explore how an organisation could reduce the barriers faced by volunteers with extra support needs to both aid recruitment and retention
- Consider strategies to deal with potential hazards
- To be aware of the benefits of diversifying the volunteer base
Many organisations are anxious about involving volunteers with additional needs for a variety of reasons.
While it’s perfectly OK for an organisation to limit who it welcomes, you also shouldn’t exclude volunteers with additional needs because you don’t have the confidence to manage them.
Our team are Level 3 qualified trainers, NCFE qualified assessors and Internal Quality Verifiers.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Stephanie on 020 8317 3817.